Favorita Family Cycling Tour Palermo
This tour is a free cultural and recreational cycling experience aimed at travelling with family around Palermo and is financed by the Municipality of Palermo as part of Children’s Rights Month.
The Favorita Family Cycling Tour is also a service to support family tourism designed and promoted by partners with diverse competences and characteristics:
- Sicicla, (Main partner) Tour Operator and Travel Agency specializing in travel and cycling experiences.
- Associazione Guide Turistiche AGT, the first association of qualified tour guides established in the Palermo region (established 1989);
- Associazione Le Giuggiole, part of the Arci organisation, established in 2018 in Palermo’s historical centre is a flexible meeting place for children and adults
✓ The Favorita Park
The Favorita Park is one of the largest urban parks in Europe covering an area of around 400 hectares. It is host to thousand-year-old trees, woods and vast orchards where almost all kinds of Mediterranean botanical species can be found. It is also home to hawks, rabbits and weasels as well as many other species of animals.
As you take in the nature you find yourself immersed in legend and mystery, with the history of kings and legendary car races close by.
While only a few kilometres from the city centre, the Favorita is an oasis of nature and history that is just waiting to be discovered!
✓ The Game
The Favorita family game is a chance for you and your family to work together as a team. A unique, enjoyable experience and an opportunity to spend the morning surrounded by nature. Fun, sharing and cooperation are the name of the game!
As you cycle through the park and along its paths you will be faced with all kinds of challenges. Along the way you will discover the secrets of this magical place and, as the family roles are flipped, you will realise that everyone, especially the children, are essential in order to reach the finish line!
There will be prizes for each participating family and additional prizes for the winning families of each proposed tour.
✓ The Tour
- For each event day, 4 departures of the tour are foreseen. Check the timetable and availability in the booking form (Limited seats – Maximum participants per tour 20, including children)
- Duration of the tour and game: about 2 hours
- Bike route length: about 3 km
- Level of difficulty route: easy, suitable for everyone, even for children with their own bicycle (preferably over 8 years old with a good command of the vehicle)
Available languages: Italian, French, English, German and Spanish.
Each departure includes:
- guided bike tour of the Park by an authorized tour guide
- visit to the Palazzina Cinese
- final creative workshop.
A shuttle service is available upon request (reservations required due to limited spaces)
Each participant will be provided with the following services:
- bicycle of the chosen size
- protective helmet
- receiver sound system with earpiece (whisper)
- basic insurance coverage
- Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th November
- Saturday, November 16th
- Saturday 23th and Sunday 24th November
- Saturday 30th November and Sunday 1st December
- Saturday 7th December
Possibility of cancellation and consequent data transfer in case of adverse weather conditions
Tour Departures Schedules
- 09.30 am: Italian and Spanish
- 10.30 am: Italian and German
- 11.30 am: Italian and English
- 12.30 am: Italian and French
N.B.: In order to guarantee the success of every event, the organization reserves the right to reorganize the start times according to any adverse weather conditions, total bookings received or any other extenuating circumstances. Participants will be notified in due time.
The Favorita Family Cycling Tour takes place inside the Parco della Favorita.
The Meeting Point, as well as the departure and arrival point of the Tours, is Villa Niscemi
✓ How to reach us
- If you come from the A 19 motorway (Palermo – Catania) take the ring road towards Trapani and take the Via Belgio exit in direction Stadio Renzo Barbera. Once you get to the stadium turn left onto Viale del Fante, after about 1.5 kilometres Villa Niscemi will be on your right.
- If you come from the A 29 motorway (Palermo – Trapani / Mazara del Vallo) take the Via Belgio exit, in direction Stadio Renzo Barbera, once you get to the Renzo Barbera Stadium, turn left onto Viale del Fante, after about 1.5 kilometres Villa Niscemi will be on your right.
- If you come from the centre of Palermo get onto Via Marchese di Villabianca and go towards Viale del Fante / Stadio, from the Renzo Barbera Stadium Villa Niscemi will be on your right after about 1.5 kilometres.
- If you come from Mondello, take Viale Regina Margherita, at the traffic lights at the top of the hill, turn right towards Pallavicino, after going down and following the main road turn left, after about 1 km Villa Niscemi will be on your left.
There are numerous places to park in front of Villa Niscemi and in the immediate vicinity.
- If you come from the City Centre take Bus 101 and get off at the Renzo Barbera Stadium interchange. From here take Bus 616 or 645 towards Pallavicino and get off at the Villa Niscemi stop.
- • If you come from Mondello take bus 645 towards Stadio Renzo Barbera and get off at the Villa Niscemi stop.
By Minivan shuttle
by reservation only: limited places
- Those who have confirmed the shuttle service booking must be in Piazza Francesco Crispi in front of the Bus stop on the side of Via Simone Corleo 45 minutes before the start of the booked and confirmed tour.